Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year, Reflection & Goals

Happy New Year! 

 2014 was a pretty good year for me.  
It was a year full of special moments like my daughter in-love (Inlaw) graduating from the US Air Force, my youngest son graduating high school and my grandson graduating from preschool, lots of celebrations! The trips in 2014 were sensational!  Like going to Texas to celebrate the graduation of my daughter in-love and meeting her dad for the first time and seeing all the graduating class during all the ceremonies. A family trip to GA during the summer and meeting my sisters there too was a huge highlight of my year. Getting us all together even for a few short days was very uplifting for my spirit and hope we can make it a yearly thing. We not only had a blast on the lake with lots of lake toys but the stress free relaxation was very much needed. Later in the year I took another trip to GA that turned out to be a huge achievement for me plus a first to add to my lists. I entered and completed my first 1/2 marathon. Man, though it  was challenging it was an incredible feeling.  I trained in flat land Florida but never imagined how hilly Georgia would be or was till that day on the course.  What a challenge and workout that was.  That trip also was filled with lots of pampering as a gift from my fabulous sister.  

2014 was also a turning point year for me and my health. I finally found what works for me diet wise and exercise.  I lost 25 pounds in 2014 from July 10 to the end of the year. I am looking forward to seeing the numbers on the scale go down but mostly to see the changes for myself in the mirror, my abilities and all that I can achieve.  

With being a new year it's time to make yearly goals and continue my monthly goals too. I find that making goals has been a key to my success in 2014 and I plan to carry that success throughout 2015. 

Here are my 2015 Making My Health A Priority goals. 

Here are my January goals along with 2 monthly challenges I'm doing. I'm also doing another Whole30 again to clean up my system from some of the bad choices I'd allowed to creep back in during the holiday months. 
New Month Goals
Walking Challenge 
30 Day Challenge
The jump rope move I'm opting out of but replacing it with squats. 
Well that's a very quick wrap of 2014 because I could go on forever with many great things to tell. 
Feel free to join me in my challenges or share with me your 2015 goals. 


So far I have had a great start to my 2015. LOL, I know it's only day 2 but I am more prepared than I have ever been in to start a new year! My mind is also in the right place and I also know what I need to do to continue success since I've already done it in 2014. 

Bye for now

May your year be full of health, great attitudes & much goodness! 

Well wishes, (((Hugs))) & Prayers, 
Janine












2 comments: