Saturday, December 6, 2014

My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things on My Journey to a Healthier Me. 
If Oprah can have a My Favorite Things list so can I. 😉

Books:
#1 My Bible -KJV
Gods Word gives me the encouragement, focus and the understanding I need daily on my journey of making my health a priority that I can't get anywhere else. Like I said in previous posts I need encouragement & motivation daily to help me start and get through my day and get me through my rough spots and there are rough spots. 
#2 It Starts With Food by Dallis & Melissa Hartwig - this book was the beginning to helping me realize how food and what kinds of foods were doing to my body and that I needed to change my diet big time. 
#3The Root Cause by Izabella Wentz Pharm MD - this book gave me such in site on the additional changes and nutritional additions I needed to make in order to feel and be well. 

iPhone Apps:
Map my walk - This app logs all my miles I walk. I love it because not only logs and I see my miles go up & up but it also has this voice the lets me know when I reach each mile while walking. It tells me my pace as well so if I'm slacking I'll know it and can pick up my pace. It a creat tool to have. 
Lose It - this app is great because I can log all my food, exercises and it totals up all the calories eaten and burned. It also has great monthly challenges you can join and connect with others like you on a journey to health & wellness. 

Gadgets:
Veggetti - I love my Veggetti! I can finally eat a "like spaghetti" dish without feeling deprived. I love pasta but with the gluten and high carb count it doesn't like me. The Veggetti lets me have a delicious dish using zucchini in replace of pasta. It's awesome! 
Fitbit & app - My Fitbit is great for keeping track of your daily steps. It will show if you've had a couch potato day or not. It not only does that but with it comes an app that allows you to log in your meals as well. It give you badges and cheers you on. 
Airi scale - This scale is great! Yeah scales haven't been my friend in years but this one is slowly becoming mine. It's wireless so it links up to my computer to my FitBit app as well. It shows not only my weight but BF. It's another great tool to show my progress and to stay focused on my journey to a healthier weight. 
iPod nano
Music when alone walking really helps me get in a zone. For a long time I didn't listen to music and thought it may hinder my focus. Boy was I wrong! I get music that I like, up beat and push play and I'm off. It makes the time go faster and before I know it I'm at the end of my miles. 

Shoes:
HOKA Sneakers - When I first started walking my feet were really paying the price. Lots of blisters! I went and tried on several kinds of shoes, I was even measured and walked for the shoe fitter (not sure of professional name, lol). I was given a pair of socks first to try and instantly my feet were happy happy. The socks were cushioned in all the right places. The HOKA sneakers were not only the best fitting but man did my feet feel like they were in heaven! Even with the blisters I already had I did not feel one of them in these shoes. I have yet to have another blister which in my book is sensational. I still get my heel bursitis pain and inflammation but it is not as bad as it was prior to these shoes. 


I'd love to hear what your favorite things are that have helped you on your journey. Please feel free to post them as I may be interested in adding to my list. 




Well Wishes, (((Hugs))), & Prayers
Janine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment