Wednesday, March 4, 2015

New Month-Reflection, Goals & Sadness

Well the ending of January and entire month of February didn't goes as I as hoped. 

Coming off the holidays was hard and January proved to be a difficult one just to try and get a routine back in place. I had ideas and plans which were attempted but not fully followed through. I could tell things were spiraling out of my normal "feeling good" status. 
It just shows that I still don't have it all figured out, controlled, mastered or prepared when unexpected and emotional moments happen. 

With Hashimoto's come ups and downs. 
I knew my levels were going wacky as my energy & mood were plummeting out of control again.  I put a call in to the dr and was able to get labs done to prove what I already knew was happening. My TSH was up again, not as much as my other horrible flare up but enough to know my meds needed to be adjusted.  I've now been upped just a bit on my meds and as of now mood is improving some and energy is up. No more afternoon crashes on the couch, Yay! Knowing this is only part of the picture I need to make more changes on my part. 

The one thing I really need to focus on is my meals, I had it so down pat and then "BAM" holidays threw me off and I've had a hard time getting back on track. My exercising routine has been slim compared to where I was at before the holidays too. Now that my energy is coming back slowly I've been able to increase my activity more and more.  Now to get strict with my diet again, this means faithful shopping and weekly prepping. 

Since everything has gone wacky with my levels, off plan eating and the lack of exercise I gained 5 lbs. I know it could be worse so I'm just grateful it isn't. 

Emotions has played a big factor in my downward spiral this time around. 
At the end of January our precious, fun loving boxer boy Petey of 9 years passed away at home. It was so heart breaking and his presence has been deeply missed.  Honestly, I really struggled with missing him. My heart ached daily and some days still proves to be very difficult for me.  Although we could NEVER replace Petey we have decided to bring another boxer boy into our home and let him fill our hearts with joy. He comes to be part of our family this week. 
Our Beloved Petey

Since it's a new month I still planned out my March Goals. I kept them simple and focused on just improving what I already know I need to do. Since the last few months haven't proved very successful in my goal setting I really hope I can change the pattern. 
March Goals


Well off I go to workout to put my plan into action and pop one of my new workout DVDs in. 


Well wishes, (((HUGS))) & Prayers, 
Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment