Monday, July 20, 2015

I ❤️ Running... NO I Don't... at least not yet.

  

I hope one day I can truly say I ❤️ Running but as for now I'm just glad it hasn't killed me yet.  This C25K (couch to 5K) app is kicking my butt.  
👟 At what point will I not feel like my calves won't split apart?
👟 At what point will I not feel like I'm going to die? 
👟 At what point will I get to run a full mile without needing or wanting to walk some to catch my breath? 

I'm enjoying the challenge and the process but it's not easy. I made a commitment to myself a while back and chose this to be my "hard" at this point in my journey.  We all have obstacles to face and this one I chose as mine. It's proven to be tough but Im determined to overcome it and reach my goal.  

When I was a kid I didn't have any athletic abilities what's so ever.  I wanted to be that girl who could play softball, basketball & soccer well but it just never happened, probably due to lack of exposure but never the less I never became that girl. After years of growing and desiring a healthier life I've hoped to one day learn to become a runner. I don't care how fast I can go, I just desire to be able to go.  Now is my time, no more waiting & wishing, it's all about doing.
 I started week 4 today so I'm well into my commitment. 
 Go Me!! 👟👟


Well wishes, ((hugs)) & prayers
Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment