Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Reflections & June Goals


I still can't believe it's June already! 
The time just flies by regardless if I'm doing something or not.  I'm so glad Im still in the mind frame of making my health a priority and setting the time I need to do so.  I've had some ups and downs, some victories and even some set backs but my heart and mind are still dedicated and determined to live out this journey to health.  

Health to me does not equal a number on a scale.  I want to feel well, look well, have the ability to do things without limitations, sleep soundly, think clearly and have energy to live life out. 

The scale has had too much control over me in the past and little by little I have been giving up on the grips of the scale.  My weight now is undesirable (even with 26 lbs loss) but because I say it is and clearly the scale does too.  However the numerous charts out there give me a different number of what I should weigh for my height and build. I used to think that one certain number was golden.  I refuse to let a scale, chart or some calculator gadget tell me what I should weigh. Yes I understand the whole BMI, BF % and all the other things one uses to say if your at a healthy weight or not.  I may not feel or look well at 123lbs nor may I even want to desire to be that even if the charts say so.  I may be ok at 140 and have lots of energy.  So for now I have a high range and a mid range number Im shooting for.  I still have a ways to go regardless. Will I still weigh myself? Yes, but I refuse to let the number staring me down determine my level of joy for that day. 

Mays Reflection 
As you know it was my surgery month and my time to recovery.  I have to say I did pretty good considering I watched the scale fluctuate each week. I had 2 weeks of pretty much being stationary which drive me nuts.  During that time i made adjustments and I focused on my meals and ate lower calories due to my lack of movement. 
With all the up and down on the scale I still dropped 2.6 lbs from May 1st.  To me that's huge because there are months I can do all the right things and have ZERO  loss or even a gain. As for my walking I did 56.9 mile the entire month. Mind you there were 2 weeks of none what so ever so in that respect I think I ROCKED IT!  
I'm pretty pleased with my May results. 

Junespiration 
This month is my birthday month and I am focusing on all things positive. I'm alive & becoming more well day by day and all things are possible.  I have some fun things planned for the month ( mostly being with my family) and hope to add in some fun things with friends too. Nothing that needs to cost money, just living in the moment and loving life even sitting by the pool or walking my puppy Bentley.  Life is too short to dwell on or fuss about should of, would of, could of or if onlys.  

   My Goals & Challenges 

* I'm looking forward to all the new added routine my workout buddy and I have planned. I'm hoping for result in any shape or form. And let me just say it's day 2 of June and my muscles are on fire. 
* I enjoyed getting in a 10 miler last month and look forward to doing it again and even a 13.1 miler as well. Yes I was sweaty, sore and tired but it also was a good sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. The kind of feeling that you would want more of to help encourage and push you along.  I can't do them too often but hope to see a couple this month. 

     My morning workout spot at 6:30 am. 



Well that's a wrap for now. 
I'll be back with up dates and maybe a few fun shares of my month. 


Well Wishes, ((Hugs)) & Prayers,
Janine






No comments:

Post a Comment