Friday, May 1, 2015

Ready, Set, Goals! Walking~Refelection~New Month Ahead


A new month is here and it's that time again to set new goals. I can not stress enough the importance of setting goals. It's important as it gets your mind and a plan set in motion for the next 30 days. Also, its important for accountability and to see how far you have come once you look back.  Looking back on what you have accomplished I think is good for you. I'm not talking about dwelling on what you didn't do, but what you have done. Making commitments to yourself and keeping them will not only show result but give you a "feel good" feeling of yourself and that to me is just as important. 
I'll start by showing you my up coming goals but will further explain in more detail further in post. 
Mays Goals

Looking back! 
I welcomed spring and sprung forward like I said I would. 
I set out to get back into my walking with the hopes to get at least 60 miles done. Happily I can say I did a total of 90.50 miles for the month of April. Those 90.50 miles were achieved with 27 walks and burned about 15k calories. I couldn't have done all those miles without my fantastic, fun, and encouraging walking partner Debbie. She has a great spirit about her and has become a great friend too. 


Just for fun lets look back a little further to when I first started this app. Since starting the Mapmywalk app I have walked 487.0 miles, 135 logged walks, 140.45 hrs and 78,031 calories burned. To me that's pretty impressive! Yes it could have been much more if I didn't slack off during some months but I still feel good of what I've accomplished thus far.  



Most of our walks consists of walking the bridge and onto the beach.  Most days we had great weather but we enjoyed the not so great weathered ones too, even getting caught in the pouring rain. Here are some pics from our walks over the past month. The sunrise alone is just amazing! Debbie and I both agree it's so inviting you almost want to keep walking to reach it. 
Our bridge walkway over the river. 

A stunning morning sunrise during our beach walks. 

Hard to not enjoy this view each morning. We look forward to seeing a new master piece each time. 

Morning beach walk. 

The view from the east side of the river of one of the bridges we did in April. 

The view from top of one of the bridges we walk. 

 
Did I mention we tackle the stairs sometimes too that are on each end of the bridge.  


Back to my goals. 
My goals are a little different from most months as you can see.  I'm still focusing on my exercise and meals but my main objective and focus is recovery.  This coming Monday Im scheduled for surgery that will require several weeks of recovery.  I'm a bit bummed I'll be missing out on some serious walking time and hanging out with my walking partner Debbie but sometimes life has other plans and you just have to make the best of it.  I plan to start small in my walks to not over do it but plan to increase my steps/distance as soon as Im up for it.  If all goes well as planned I'll be back walking my 6-8 miles daily in no time and hoping to be feeling even better than before. I do plan to blog during my recovery about my progress. 


Well Wishes, (((Hugs))) & Prayers,
Janine








No comments:

Post a Comment