Sunday, November 2, 2014

Reflection and New Monthly Goals

 Before I let you in on my update on how my October challenge/goals went and what my November challenges/goals are let me just say it's not always easy to stick with it. Some days are just plain hard at getting and staying motivated. Let's face it, life happens and sometimes what you plan on happening for your day ends up all wrong. Keeping and staying up beat can be a challenge in itself but when curve balls are thrown at you it's even that much harder. I do try hard to stay focused on what I set out to do but I just want you to know, I like many of you, have difficult days, and getting through those days can be hard. There was a time they were much harder, so what changed, I have more support now than I ever did. Support of family and friends have been a very big key to my success this far. 
Now on to business! 
Last month
Reflection on October's challenges.
    I came up short on some things but I think October turned out to be a great & successful month just the same. #1 was to lose 3% 6-7lbs, I ended up losing 4.5lbs. To me that's great! In the past the weight wouldn't even budge now it finally is. #2 was to walk 125 miles, I came up short on this too and my total was 107.6 miles. Even though I came up short I gained so much more in my experience of training for and participating in the 1/2 marathon. #3 Long walks twice a week; I was able to meet which was my commitment to my training.Those long walks were a great time to clear my head and give time to focus and embrace all of my changes. 

I also joined some challenges on the Lose It app. Here are my results of that. Some challenges were for the month of October and some are for a certain length of time, mostly ending in December. 


Now for new my challenges/goals for November. 
    Keeping up with my walking is the most important on this list. First because I love how it makes me feel, I also believe it is the key to my slow but surely weight loss, and for that Im not changing a thing. However I am challenging myself to try some new things, one is adding sprint running to some of my walks and second is to try PIYO, a type of multi yoga movements. These two things will be interesting to say the least but willing to give it a try. Now on to the losing of 5 lbs, this I'm not going to stress over too much, my body will do what it may. I only can hope it MAY lose 5 pounds! 😄 The last two are not something of fitness but on a different track on health.  My blogging helps me as I write my thoughts, experiences and tips to stay on track of my priorities and also that it may reach others and maybe ignite a desire for someone else to make their health a priority. And as for being thankful,  I always believe that being mindful of all we have and to be thankful for is extremely important. I will spend some personal peaceful time each day reflecting on those very things, and thanking the one who truly deserves them, my Heavenly Father. What a perfect month to do just that than the month we celebrate Thanksgiving. 😊

Well I hope this post has found you well and hope you check back soon for some up coming yummy recipes, healthy tips, personal reflections and info on autoimmune disease issues.  


(((Hugs))), Prayers & Well Wishes, 
Janine







No comments:

Post a Comment